Friday, October 16, 2015

Abutilon 'Alicia', A.Chitova 2015

 Keeping my promises...

In the previous post I showed a photo of this abutilon which was not the best photo ever, mostly due to lack of sunlight. It's October now, but the skies are clear, and the sun is out most of the time of the day.

Abutilon 'Alicia', A.Chitova 2015
'Alicia' (pronounced a-leee-sha) is blooming steadily, although dropping some buds intermittently. I love its short stature and multiple promised flowers.

Abutilon 'Alicia', A.Chitova 2015   
Abutilon 'Alicia', A.Chitova 2015
As you can see, the plant is still very small. I wonder how it's going to mature. Right now the side shoots are almost as tall as the main stem.
Abutilon 'Alicia', A.Chitova 2015
I'm planning on taking a graft now, but I'm afraid it won't root at this time of the year. On the other hand, I shouldn't be risking the plant without "extra copies" of it as it is obviously too good to be lost (if...).

Abutilon 'Alicia', A.Chitova 2015
I'm still uncertain about the paternal plant: it's either my 2013 hybrid 'Ella' or some compact red Bella-like plant. 'Alicia' does have 'Ella's shape of petals, but the color... It still puzzles me.

Abutilon 'Alicia', A.Chitova 2015

2 comments:

  1. How nice and heavy flowering when that small.
    Congratulation for a beautiful achievement.

    ReplyDelete